Skip to Navigation Skip to Content


The difference

One of the key reasons we use Aquasafe is that they train on Ribs no smaller than 7.8m in length. We think that there is little point learning on a smaller boat which handles differently to the smallest Rib available for bareboat charter.


Aquasafe offer the full range of RYA (Royal Yachting Association) Rib training courses and associated shoreside courses on either your own or school Ribs.

Qualifications for bareboat charter

To bareboat charter a Rib in the UK, you will need to have either an RYA Powerboat level 2 (with tidal endorsement) or an ICC (International Certificate of Competence). Unfortunately, there is no exception no matter how experienced you are - insurance just isn't available.

Short cut

If you are already experienced you may not need to do a full two day level 2 course. You might for example be a yachtmater sail but have no powerboat ticket. Please talk to Aquasafe about a direct assessment or a short period of bespoke training prior to a direct assessment.

Great instructors

Aquasafe's instructors are very personable and are equally good with the uninitiated through to the fully seasoned! We know the trainers well, as many of them work with us as freelance skippers. The training school operates from comfortable classrooms in Lymington Yacht Haven marina or Cobbs Quay marina in Poole.

Talk to us
Do you have an event in mind? Send us your details using the form below or have a quick chat with one of our experts on 01590 607101.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Return to the Top of the Page